Easter at the zoo looks set to be great fun, with lots of activities to choose from...
- Try your hand at the Easter Trail. Hidden over the zoo are ten egg-shaped signs, each with a picture of an animal in. Some are easy to find but some are a bit more challenging! Find seven or more to win a silver certificate, or find all ten to win gold! This will run throughout the Easter Half term.
- How about having a go at Egg Decorating? Our craft hut will be full of the materials you need to jazz up a run-of-the-mill egg into something special. You can even enter our competition by sending us a photo of your finished creation.
- If you're lucky, you might get to Meet the Mascots. Rumour has it that Mr Tiger and Mr Lemur may be popping in over the Easter weekend.
- Turn into a tiger with a spot of Face Painting. We have a face painter visiting over the Easter weekend, who will be stationed in the craft hut. Please note: There is a charge for this activity.
- And don't forget we'll still be offering Animal Handling at the Zoo@Home Handling Zone. You can drop in, learn about keeping animals as pets and have the chance to hold some.
- And, of course, it wouldn't be Easter without a trip to the farm. Zoolittle Farm is where you can meet our goats, giant rabbits and Winston the pig (who has nothing to do with Easter but loves the attention anyway).
Year of the Tiger
Easter sees the beginning of our Year of the Tiger theme, which will run throughout 2010 celebrating the Chinese Year of the Tiger.
From Easter onwards on carnival workshop days children will be able to
make masks and help design a giant tiger puppet for use in the summer
carnivals. Later in the season they can help make the puppet, using
recycled materials for an eco-friendly carnival entry.
Workshops will be run by local artist Hannah George, and parents must supervise their children at all times.