2014 Opening Hours
|1st Jan- 14th February
Thursdays - Sundays
|11am - 3pm
| 15th Feb - 31st March
Seven days a week
| 1st April - 30th September
|10am - 5.30pm
| 1st October - 3rd November
|10am - 4pm
Opening is always weather permitting. In the event of dangerous conditions the zoo will not be able to open. If this is the case a notice will be placed on the website, social media and on the front doors of the zoo.
Last entry is half an hour before closing.
Admission Prices 15th Feb - 31st October 2014
|Child 3 - 16
|Infant 0 - 2
|Family Ticket for 2 adults and 2 children
|Isle of Wight Resident with Proof
(ie. Driving Licence, Utilities Bill). Flat rate regardless of age.
| Returning Visitor
(Keep your ticket and you can visit again with a week)
Signature may be required
Parking is free for zoo customers. You will need to collect a ticket from the admissions desk.
Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Same-day visitors to neighbouring attraction Dinosaur Isle will receive a 10% discount on production of their ticket .
We regret that we are unable to allow dogs into the zoo, as they distress our animals. This includes service dogs. Please do not leave your dog in the car, particularly as our car park has no shady areas.
Please note that we DO NOT accept Tesco Clubcard vouchers
, and we have never been a part of this scheme. You can visit Tesco's website
to see which Isle of Wight attractions accept them.
Information for Disabled Guests
- The zoo has manual wheelchairs available for free loan. We recommend booking one in advance, particularly during the peak season.
- We do not own any mobility scooters. Local firm Island Mobility offer scooters for hire so you may wish to consider using them.
- Bus stops outside the zoo car park take you to Ryde or Newport.
- No part of the zoo relies on the use of steps.
- There is a large disabled toilet in the main toilet block.
- For animal welfare reasons, we are unfortunately unable to admit service dogs. This is to protect the service dog as well as our own animals.
View Larger Map
We can be found on Yaverland Road, Sandown, right in front of the beach. This is on the SouthEast side of the Island and is easily accessible by road. If using SatNav, our postcode is PO36 8QB
serve Sandown, and timetable information can be found at the Southern Vectis
Island Line Trains
serve Sandown Station, with a 20 minute train ride from Ryde Station. From Sandown Station there is a walk of 20-30 mins to the zoo. Tickets can be purchased online
or by calling 0845 6000 650.
Download Zoo Map Here
- Cafe - serves hot/cold food and drink.
- Children's Play Area
- Free car parking for zoo visitors.
- Baby Changing Facility