2017 Opening Hours
|11th Feb -31st March 2017
| 10am - 4pm
|1st April -30th Sept 2017
| 10am -5.30pm
|1st Oct - 31st Oct 2017
Admission Prices - 2017
Parking is £3.00 per day for zoo customers. You will need to collect a ticket from the admissions desk.
Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Same-day visitors to neighbouring attraction Dinosaur Isle will receive a 10% discount on production of their ticket .
We regret that we are unable to allow dogs into the zoo, as they distress our animals. This includes service dogs. Please do not leave your dog in the car, particularly as our car park has no shady areas.
Please note that we DO NOT accept Tesco Clubcard vouchers
, and we have never been a part of this scheme. You can visit Tesco's website
to see which Isle of Wight attractions accept them.
Browns Golf Course
- If you have played golf at our sister site, http://www.brownsfamilygolf.com/Brown's Golf Course, show your receipt for 10% off zoo entry. They also offer 10% off golf for zoo customers.
Information for Disabled Guests
- The zoo has manual wheelchairs available for free loan. We recommend booking one in advance, particularly during the peak season.
- We do not own any mobility scooters. Local firms Wight Phoenix and Island Mobility offer scooters for hire so you may wish to consider using them.
- Bus stops outside the zoo car park take you to Ryde or Newport.
- No part of the zoo relies on the use of steps.
- There is a large disabled toilet in our cafe as well as the main toilet block.
- For animal welfare reasons, we are unfortunately unable to admit service dogs. This is to protect the service dog as well as our own animals.
We can be found on Yaverland Road, Sandown, right in front of the beach. This is on the South-East side of the Island and is easily accessible by road. If using SatNav, our postcode is PO36 8QB.
Buses 2, 3 and 8 serve Sandown, and timetable information can be found at the Southern Vectis website. During peak season the Island Coaster bus also stops at the zoo.
Island Line Trains serve Sandown Station, with a 20 minute train ride from Ryde Station. From Sandown Station there is a walk of 20-30 mins to the zoo. Tickets can be purchased online or by calling 0845 6000 650
- Cafe - serves hot/cold food and drink.
- Children's Play Area
- Baby Changing Facility
Download a map of the Isle of Wight Zoo here.pdf